- About Platte
- Economic Development
- Moving to Platte
- City Government
- Platte Chamber
April 30, 2017 - April 30, 2017
May 5, 2017 - May 08, 2017
May 12, 2017 - May 15, 2017
May 19, 2017 - May 22, 2017
May 26, 2017 - May 29, 2017
Hometown Happenings Radio Show
The Platte Area Chamber of Commerce’s mission is to promote and maintain the Platte area as a regional trade center by using resources such as advertising, marketing, community events and community members to help provide a better quality of life.
The Chamber of Commerce serves as the primary source for information about our community, from requests for general community and event information to inquiries about relocation to our area. The Chamber provides a critical link between those seeking information and resources within our community and the agencies, businesses, and organizations that provide those resources.
Executive Director: Cindy Meyer
Located in the Lyric Theatre at 521 Main Street
Office hours: 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday-Friday
(closed weekends & holidays)
Office: 605-337-2275 or email@example.com
Board of Directors:
President: Jesse Block, First Fidelity Bank
Vice-President: Cole Anderson, Cole's Computers
Secretary/Treasurer: Cynthia Hoeksema, Bookkeeping Plus
Past President: Vicki Jensen, Platte Health Center Avera
Director: Tyler Samuelson, Summit Contracting
Director: Lynn Walstad, Modern Woodmen of America
Director: Mark Kuipers, Kuip's Hardware
Photo Credit: Liz Antonsen Photography
Annual Chamber sponsored events:
|Platte Area Chamber of Commerce Walleye Fishing Tournament||Held the 1st weekend in May||Rules meeting and Calcutta 7 p.m. on Friday; fish all day Saturday, Banquet Saturday evening at 7 p.m.||Snake Creek Recreation Area/Lake Francis Case|
|Play In Platte Weekend - Tenative - Golf tournament, city-wide rummages, softball tournament, bean bag toss tournaments, car show, food vendors and more||Typically held the last weekend in July||Main Street|
|Christmas Promotion - Kids’ prize drawings and roller skating, Kids’ Shopping Day, Holiday Walk, Punch Card drawings, discounted Christmas Cash Dollars, Customer Appreciation Days||November and December|
Annual Awards presented by the Chamber:
The Pride In Platte Award is presented at the Chamber’s Annual Banquet.
The Pride in Platte Award was started in 2000 to recognize members of Platte for their dedication and contributions to this community.
To nominate a community member(s):
- Submit a letter, telling why this person or persons should be recognized for their dedication and contributions to this community.
- Submit your nominations to the Chamber by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org), by mail (Box 393), or drop them off at the City or Chamber office.
PLEASE CONTACT THE CHAMBER DIRECTOR FOR NOMINATION DEADLINES.
|"Pride In Platte Award"||Past winners|
|2004||No award given|
|2006||Marcus & Diane King|
|2007||Tom and Barb Travis|
|2009||Joyce and Allen Polly|
|2012||Platte Fire Dept., EMT's & Police Dept.|
The Platte Area Family Business of the Year Award is presented to one of Platte’s local family-owned businesses to recognize the accomplishments of family businesses and their contributions to the local community and the surrounding region. The winner of the local award goes on to compete for the Annual Prairie Family Business of the Year awards, which are presented at their annual Prairie Family Business Conference in April.
- Family Business makes valuable contributions to the community through leadership roles, volunteer service, and/or financial support.
- Family Business demonstrates pride in the family business and demonstrates genuine caring for the personal well-being of employees, recognizing their contributions to the success of the business.
- Family Business is known for its integrity and is recognized for honesty in business relationships with employees and customers and providing an honest value to all in the community.
- Family Business demonstrates proven success and growth of the family business since its founding.
|"Platte Area Family Business of the Year Award"||Past winners|
|2009||Meyerink Farm Service|
|2011||Severson Oil and Severson Service|
|2012||Turnis Farm Service|
|2013||Darlene Van Zee family|